Alpinestars SM5 Scout Black/Silver Helmet
Buy now, pay later
The all-new SM5 helmet is the result of more than five years of intensive study, development and testing. We scrutinized every possible aspect to engineer a helmet that is safe and thoughtfully designed to deliver optimal protection and comfort. This lightweight helmet features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection and lightweight, while the five density EPS liner ensures the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption. Other key design features include an engineered raised area with padding to effectively reduce the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- Lightweight outer shell is constructed from a technologically advanced impact-resistant thermoplastic in two sizes.
- The inner and outer surfaces are engineered to minimize the effects of oblique impacts.
- Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
- A patented visor release system ensures the visor is released with the correct predetermined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
- Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports.
- The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
- Emergency release system and removable cheek pads permit the safe and easy removal of the cheek pads while the helmet is still on.
- Removable comfort liner with Silverplus® treated anti-bacterial fabrics for excellent moisture wicking, effectively drawing perspiration away from the skin.
- Stainless steel D-rings.
- A size Medium weighs 1260g (ECE)/1370g (DOT).