One of the distinctive features of the Renegade-V is the characteristic frontal view of the helmet. The chin area is designed and shaped to resemble the look of a rugby player or a martial artist. But the chin bar’s aggressive design is not only for looks, it also increases the shell strength in this area.
There are four slots to be found on the front of the helmet, and another total of four slots on the sides and back; all contributing to a highly effective ventilation and therefore great comfort. The side ducts remove hot air from the interior, through integrated air channels behind the cheek pads. For added comfort the four ventilation slots in the front may be opened and closed with a slide shutter on the inside.
The surface of the EPS cheek pad material is treated with a noise reducing foam. This keeps the helmet quiet when the inside air passes through the air channels. The chin curtain reduces the amount of air entering the helmet. If a rider wants an even quieter ride, the optional replaceable chin cover can be mounted.
The top ducts have been designed for an upright riding position, as is usual for cruiser and naked style bikes. A super fibre belt is integrated into the shell, for increased strength in the area above the eye port. An important feature for riders who demand increased protection.
The Renegade-V was designed and made for riders who insist on Arai protection while enjoying their cruiser or naked motorcycles.
- PB-SNC2 Shell: Super Fibre and other special synthetic fibres, with superb tensile strength and flexibility characteristics, developed for F-1 helmet visor panel, assembled and bonded by Arai experts, reinforcing across the forehead area (imagine the steel belts used to hold a barrel together) with a variety of carefully stacked and moulded materials. Newly developed resin creates stronger bonds between shell materials with less weight.
- Eco Pure Liner: The fully removable interior liner system has been improved with new Eco Pure material, which helps maintain neutral acidity levels close to human skin and antibacterial consumption. With the aim of a softer, deeper and even more comfortable fit we developed a new softer liner frame material. The new liner also has adjustable temple padding that allows for a customized fit.
- VAS (Variable Axis System): The RX-7V has the new Variable Axis System (VAS) incorporating a moving pivot point. By combining the pin trajectory, which is based on an imaginary axis, with the two trajectories of the double pivot point slot, the shield opens and closes smoothly; even with the much lower shield mount position. A dual-function lever releases both the side cover/pod and shield pin for quick and simple shield removal.
- Convenient speaker pocket: Built in communication systems are popular, but the problem is often that the room for a speaker is limited or just not present, causing unpleasant pressure points. The RENEGADE-V is equipped with special speaker pockets, offering room for mounting speakers without effecting comfort or fit. (Speaker not included).
- Chin Cover: Attached to the bottom of the helmet, the new chin curtain helps to further accentuate the Egg-shape form. The curtain simultaneously blocks air intrusion from turbulent air below and increases negative pressure to enhance the exhaust function of FFS by drawing more air from the mouth area.
- Facial Contour System (FCS): To offer an even better snug fit and enhancing the comfort to the lower jaw, the Facial Contour System (FCS) works with a foam spring support in the cheek pad that compresses and rebounds, providing the necessary support without excessive pressure.
- 5mm ’’Peel Away’’ Ear cups/Cheek pads: Giving even more ability to craft the perfect fit and comfort, the cheek pads now feature a 5 mm peel away layer for added room if needed.
- Approval: ECE 22-05: The most common helmet certification internationally, required by over 50 countries worldwide.
- Different outer shells: Unlike many other manufacturers Arai provides one size outer shell for each two-helmet sizes for most
- models. Together with different shaped outer shells for different models it is almost impossible not to find the fit you are looking for.